Friday, June 6

What a busy week!

Happy Friday! Whew! We made it to Friday!
Here's a run down of our busy little week...
Bright and EARLY Saturday morning was Griffin's first swim meet of the season. He did awesome! A 3rd place ribbon for little Griff. Yeah! He really likes swimming....just like his dad. :)
Next, home to a quick shower and get ready for....Kenny!!!It was a fun, fun time! We tailgated out in parking lot (in the 102 degree temp!). Hot, but lots of fun! Then we headed into the concert. It was at the HUGE Cardinals Stadium. What a big place! Our seats were awesome. 16th row...on the floor. Very good - close seats. We missed most of Gary Allen. What we saw of him was awesome! We saw Sammy Hagar - which I did not like what-so-ever. He stinks. Then came Keith Urban. I must admit - I think I liked his performance better than Kenny. ;) He had so much energy and did such an awesome job. He rocked. Then came Kenny. He did GREAT! I didn't have much energy by then, but he sure did! After 10+ hours of partying, I was done!!! What a long day. Fun, but long. Can you believe I forgot to bring my camera! I was so mad at myself! Thank god for my camera phone! It's blurry, but that's ok!
On Monday, Dylan started his swimming lessons. I was really nervous about taking him. He is (was!) so scared to swim. Luckily, his little buddy Ethan signed up for the same class. They both cried a little bit that first day. It was cute (kinda sad, too) to see them sitting on the step in the pool talking to each other - crying! Who knows what they were saying to each other... but they had each other to lean on. That's what friends are for, right? The lessons are Monday - Thursday for 2 weeks in a row. By yesterday, they both were doing awesome! They were excited for practice - and especially excited to "dive in"! Yeah! One more week - and I think he is going to be totally swimming. I am so excited we decided to do this. I will feel so much more relaxed by the pool with him.
In the mean time, Jim was busy taking Griffin to swimming every evening. There is another meet tomorrow morning at 7am! It's so early...but luckily it shouldn't be too hot that early. We have had the most amazing Spring this year! I can't believe it is June 6th and it is not even 100 degrees! Griff was swimming with some buddies last night until about 9:30 - and would you believe I actually got a little COLD! Weird, huh?
Well, that's it for now! Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: