My friend, Alex and I took the kids on quick "Last Hoorah" before school starts ~ to Disneyland! We left Sunday morning...the drive was great. The kids were so well behaved in the car. That sure makes for a much more pleasant trip. Ü We got all checked into the Disneyland Hotel ~ and headed straight down to the pool for a little R & R. It was great!
Monday morning we all got up bright and early and headed to "The Happiest Place on Earth"! After a bit of a delay with my crappy tickets...we were off! We all did everything we wanted to do, and so much more! It was great ~ even though Dylan was sure he was going to DIE on "Cirates of the Paribbean". He was seriously screaming bloody murder - saying he was going to die and it was "horrible" the entire ride! But...he totally survived...I knew he would. It was a great day for all of us.
The biggest mistake, though, was going on the "Death Cage" ride...aka...a ferris wheel. The kids were completely freaked out by this ride. It was the one where the cages of the ferris wheel slide and swing around. Dylan, of course thought he was going to die. He wanted to just jump out. Here's the conversation....
"We're all going to die!" says Dylan
"I don't want to die!" Says Christian
"We should just jump out into the water!", Says Dylan
"No, we would die!" Says Christian
"So what, we are going to die either way!" Says GriffinMeanwhile, they were passing around the barf bag...all ready to barf! It was awful....10 minutes of pure torture for all of us! But, ofcourse, we all survived! Besides that wonderful moment...what a fun day!Then, on Tuesday, we were hanging out at the pool before our trip home, and we felt a huge earthquake! WOW! It took Alex and I a few seconds to figure out what was happening. It was a crazy feeling. I always thought it would feel like the earth shaking - but it didn't. It felt like it was rolling. I could see the pool deck rolling. It was crazy. The kids came over to us - a little freaked out - but everyone was ok. What a weird feeling. We felt another aftershock when we were in the car - getting ready to come home. The car just slightly shook back and forth. CRAZY!
Over all it was a fun little get away. We all had lots of fun!

2 comments:
Crazy! I am so sorry about poor Dylan's Pirates experience. :( Funny story about the swinging gondola! Whose idea was THAT?? You couldn't pay me a million dollars, well, maybe A MILLION, to go on that ride. We miss you guys!
When we went to CA a couple of weeks ago, Tom said, :wouldn't it be fun to be in an earthquake while we are there?" I said " yes!" So we hoped for one so I could show my kids how crazy they are. But....It looks like you got our earth quake. I'm glad it wasn't a bad one and just a "fun" one!
Post a Comment