Wednesday, March 4

Period. Good Night.


I LOVE bedtime. Being a full-time working mom is hard. It's hard to find good "quality" time with my sweet little boys. So, bedtime is my favorite part of the day. We read stories together, tell stories together and catch up on our days. These days (and most days), Jim is lost in "Squishyland" in griffin's room (Jim tells the best "Squishy" stories about a superhero dog named Squishy) and I lay with Dylan until he falls asleep...holding hands until his little grip losens and he drifts off into la-la land.




Last night, while laying with Dylan, we had the cutest, sweetest conversation EVER!!! Little Dylan...he's going to be a heart breaker some day. :) He touches my heart in so many ways.


So, we were laying there and he says,


"Mommy, I love you more that the highest rocket ship ever went into space."


"I love you more than the # of stars in the universe, Dylan", I say.


"Oh yeah!?! Well, I love you more than anything in the whole world Mommy.", says Dylan.


"Me too, Dylan, Me too!"


(It's from that book, "I Love you More". If you haven't read it with your kids...you should...it's sweet.)





Then, he says,


"Mommy? Why can't I stay 6 forever? I don't want to get big. I want to be a kindergardener forever. When those 1st grade teachers come in to get me for 1st grade, I'm going to tell them no."


"I know Dyl, I wish you could stay 6 forever, too. I wish you could stay little forever!"




Under his breath he says, "I wonder if god is always listening."


"Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is." I answer.


"Okay, God I hope you are listening, I want to stay little forever and stay 6. I want to always live with my mommy and daddy. I don't want to grow up and not live with them...ever. Ok. Period. Good night."





I leaned over and gave him the biggest squeeze with tears rolling out of my eyes. He's so sweet. I can only imagine the feeling of not being with mommy and daddy forever in a 6 year olds' eyes. Ouchie...that hurts my heart.





Period. Good night.


No comments: