Yesterday, MIX 96.9 called me to tell me I was 1 of 5 finalist in an online contest. I won a new cell phone (which I can't use - because I don't have Verizon!) and a $100 American Express Gift card! AND I was entered to win a 42" TV! I was so excited! Then, 1/2 hour later - they called back to tell me I won the TV!!! Yeah!! What a year of prizes! I think I am officially addicted to contests. Really..... It is so true...YOU CAN'T WIN IF YOU DON'T PLAY! So true.
So this prompted an immediate need to redecorate our family room. Our old entertainment center would not fit our new TV. So, the hunt was on for a new entertainment center console thing. We looked everywhere - and couldn't find one in our budget (which is basically nothing). So, we (I) decided we were just going to have to refinish the one we have.
It ended up being a fun project - despite the fact that I had to completely re sand the entertainment center (again)and redo my staining because I screwed it up the first time! We completely repainted the room...took down the gross vertical blinds on the patio door... took down the old white wood blinds. I used my American Express gift card to buy a cool zebra ottoman (that completely clashes with our current furniture in there). We are on the hunt for the "PERFECT" brown leather sectional. Keep an eye out for me....
The result....


No comments:
Post a Comment